Monday, September 28, 2009
Capitulation
Sometimes I underestimate the power of a good cry. The dam is strong, but sometimes the water is stronger, bursting through small cracks and holes, then pulling the whole concrete mess into its current. And somehow, when the water settles into its new lakes and nascent reservoir, it's calmer than the body of potential energy perched behind the old barrier. I feel calmer. I feel like my dust has settled and my water is clear. I feel like I can surrender to that which I have no control over. I feel like I can let go of the perceived patterns of my past and treat each situation with the uniqueness and delicacy it deserves. A chain is a strong as its weakest link, but it's more accurately strong because it's a chain. Because the parts work together to a common purpose. And it's to that end that I surrender. A common purpose, a resolution, a journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
erm. Please post here more.
Post a Comment